Raw egg yolks and whipping cream contribute both creaminess and fat to a traditional pasta carbonara. This lighter version achieves the same texture with egg substitute and nonfat evaporated milk.
CHICKEN CARBONARA RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4 (5 ounces) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves.
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 1 slice bacon or pancetta, chopped.
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed.
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth.
- 1 (15 ounces) jar Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo Sauce.
Directions for cooking chicken carbonara
Heat olive oil in 12-inches nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
Cook onion, bacon, and peas in the same skillet, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until bacon is cooked and onion is tender. Add wine and
cook 1 minute. Stir in sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 5
minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle, if desired, with cracked black pepper.
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE
- 1 (16 ounces) package dried penne pasta.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes salt and pepper to taste garlic powder to taste.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth.
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced.
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Directions for cooking penne with chicken and asparagus
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with